What is Competitive Intelligence?
Posted by | Fuld & Company
Competitive Intelligence (CI) is the collection and analysis of information to anticipate competitive activity, see past market disruptions and dispassionately interpret events.
It is an essential component to developing a business strategy. CI analysis provides insight into marketplace dynamics and challenges in a structured, disciplined, and ethical manner using published and non-published sources.
- Incorporates external competitive and market forces into strategic planning
- Generates strategically relevant insights from research and structured analysis
- Enhances marketing, strategic planning, finance, and operations
- Conforms to antitrust and trade secret laws, legal and ethical best practices and the client’s corporate code of behavior
- Minimizes decision risk and reduces uncertainty about external developments
Uses of Competitive Intelligence:
- Develop corporate or business unit strategies
- Shape counter-competitive strategies against one or more competitors
- Prepare a new product launch, new market entry, or other strategic move in the market
- Benchmark other organizations
- Anticipate and plan for future market opportunities and disruptions
- Assess effectiveness of competitors market positioning and product messaging
- Competitive Strategy (Scenario Planning, War Gaming)
- Early Warning / Monitoring
- Research and Analysis
- CI Process Development + Consulting
- Win/Loss Analysis
See how we help companies develop Competitive Intelligence.
Tags: CI Process, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Strategy, Early Warning & Monitoring, Scenario Planning, Win/Loss Analysis