Understanding Sales Force Effectiveness in China
Posted by |
Background + Challenge
A multinational medical devices company with only a small presence in China wanted to bolster its sales force there.
- The company had a new product in its pipeline
- They wanted to be well-established in China in advance of its release
- Further, the company’s already small market share in China had begun to show signs of erosion, which the client was eager to reverse
Combining primary and secondary research, and leveraging our global resources, including Fuld’s research hub in Manila, our team:
- Mapped the presence of the target competitors in the country.
- Conducted interviews with key distributors, medical representatives, sales representatives and executives from the target companies.
- Identified the geographical structure and focus of rival sales forces.
- Profiled the sales force strategies and effectiveness of key competitors.
- Identified best practices in sales force activities.
Result + Benefits
Creating the most effective sales force for China from outside requires a time commitment that is proportional to the challenge. With a clear picture of the nature and extent of competitor sales activities in the country, the client had the necessary information to begin to make decisions about its sales force strategy, including how best to:
- Optimize the size and structure of the sales force, and how best to deploy it geographically.
- Appropriately allocate its investments in the expansion effort.
- Target the most promising customers and markets.
- Reverse the erosion of market share.
[gravityform id=”48″ title=”true” description=”true”]