Social Media Analytics for Competitive Intelligence
Posted by | Fuld & Company
A luxury cosmetic brand wanted to compare its brand image and customer voice with that of its top three competitors.
To explore how competitors are leveraging social media and how customers are reacting to the client’s and its competitors’ brands on social media platforms.
- Captured data related to the client and its three leading competitor brands from Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and Weibo.
- Performed quarterly sentiment analysis to track the changing customer attitude toward the brands.
- Conducted NLP-based semantic analysis to identify the trending themes and topics (such as natural, drying, moisturizing, anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, etc.) for each target segment.
- Deep-dived into the social media comments with negative sentiments to identify customers’ unmet needs and the critical issues that needed work.
- Tracked the top five key influencers to monitor their impact on the overall trends and customers’ product perception (measured in terms of sentiment score).
- The brand actively planned strategic media and influencer interventions to remain competitive and maintain the desired customer perception.
Algorithms Used: NLP, VADER, and bag-of-words analysis