Predicting the Future of Competitive Intelligence
Posted by | Christian Schena
What trends will have the most dramatic impact on how organizations develop strategy and use intelligence?
We’ve partnered with the non-profit Competitive Intelligence body, SCIP on an innovative new study that predicts how key trends will affect organizations, strategy & revenue leaders, and the CI professionals that help power growth – Predicting the future of competitive intelligence: Insights & their implications on strategy development, executive priorities, and the practice of CI
The study predicts several trends over the next 3 years, including:
- There is a 93% likelihood that Competitive Intelligence teams will use significantly more technology in their work over the next 3 years
- There’s a 91% chance that the greatest competitive threat to your company will come from an unknown player outside your industry
- Customer experience will have the greatest impact on competition and revenue growth
- The greatest barrier to making strategic decisions guided by CI insights won’t be budget, clarity on the decision-making process, or even CI having an executive sponsor. The greatest barrier will be senior decision-makers not prioritizing CI insights.
- CI professionals will spend less time collecting and organizing information in the next three years, and more on analyzing and sharing their knowledge and insights
The study focused on 5 main topic areas, asking CI professionals views about how they think strategy & business planning will change, how they will adjust their processes & technology investments, where they think the greatest competitive threats will come from, what they see as the biggest barriers to organizations using CI insights and what growth levers they think will have the greatest impact on competition & revenue growth in the next three years.
The full study will be published at the end of this month and you can read more about it here, on SCIP’s website
Tags: Competitive Intelligence